SpeakEasy Prompters Inc. was established in 1989 by its current President & CEO, Karen Ultee. Today, the company is still headquartered in Dallas, Texas, but the scope of its work is international. Big or small – Paris, Texas or Paris, France – we put our 20 years of experience to work for our clients in order to get the job done right. Here’s what you can expect from us.
- Over 20 years, delivering service that’s second to none.
- Loyal clientele who expect excellence. (see Our Clients below)
Top-of-the-line Software and Hardware
- The most advanced professional teleprompting software available, installed on dedicated, customized, business-class computers.
- Reliable, high-quality systems, a variety of sizes and weights, universal mounts, and the finest prompter glass available (¼ to ½ stop).
Professional, Dependable Operators
- Personable, competent and lightning fast.
- Backgrounds include degrees in journalism, communications, media -- and professional experience in major-market TV news, production and corporate executive assistants.
- Highest quality of service and equipment at great rates!
- Half-day rates available for video & film production, to further meet our clients’ needs.
We’re proud of our growing list of clients. Here’s a sample of those we’ve had the privilege to teleprompt for throughout our 20 years of business.
President George Bush
President George W. Bush
First Lady Michelle Obama
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke
Senator Hillary Clinton
Vice President Al Gore
Senator John McCain
Senator John Cornyn
Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison
Mayor Rudy Giuliani
Governor Rick Perry
Congressman Pete Sessions
Mayors and local leaders, Dallas & Fort Worth
Mary Kay Ash, Mary Kay, Inc.
Nancy Brinker, Susan G. Komen Foundation
Al Carey, Frito-Lay
Michael Eisner, Walt Disney
Roger Enrico, Dreamworks, PepsiCo
Jerry Jones, The Dallas Cowboys
Michael Jordan, EDS, Westinghouse, CBS
Stanley Marcus, Neiman Marcus
Rupert Murdoch, News Corp.
Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo
Ron Perleman, New World Media, Revlon
Steve Reinemund, PepsiCo, Frito-Lay
Ivan Seidenberg, Verizon
Bank of America
Baylor Healthcare Systems
Boy Scouts of America
Carlson Hotels Worldwide
Dr. Pepper Snapple Group
HP Enterprise Services
Johnson & Johnson
Mary Kay Inc.
Texas Health Resources
Katie Couric, CBS
Dan Rather, CBS
Tom Brokaw, NBC
Peter Jennings, ABC
Sam Donaldson, ABC
Larry King, CNN
Ted Koppell, ABC
Charles Osgood, CBS
Bob Schieffer, CBS
Ed Bradley, CBS
Maria Shriver, NBC
Chris Matthews, MSNBC
Deborah Norville, Inside Edition
Silver Screen, TV Screen & In-between
James Earl Jones
The Smothers Brothers
The Jonas Brothers
Mary Lou Retton
The NAB, spring & fall conventions (21 yrs)
NBC Nightly News with Tom Brokaw
ABC’s World News Tonight with Peter Jennings
CBS Reports, Emmy award-winning primetime
special Legacy of Shame, with Dan Rather
E! News, with Ryan Seacrest
Entertainment Tonight, live broadcast
Hardball with Chris Matthews, MSNBC
NFL Networks, primetime broadcast, playoffs
Byron Nelson Golf Classic, ABC Sports (4 yrs)
HGTV, various shows including Dream Home
BMI Music Awards Show
Super Bowl XLV, NFL Sports, 2011
US Figure Skating Championships, ABC Sports,
Texas Republican Conventions,
Extra, with Mario Lopez
Live satellite broadcast clients: Raytheon, EDS, Dell, VHA, Bank of America, Texas Instruments, Mars Inc.